Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Club Penguin: A Tribute To the Coffee Shop

Written by: || Tags:

Hello reader! This post was originally made for International Coffee Day on September 29th, 2015. However, I believe the Coffee Shop must not be forgotten, so this post can apply to any day of the week and any day of the year. Nevertheless, here is the original post:

Today, September 29th, marks the day International Coffee Day is celebrated in Australia, Canada, Scotland, Belgium, England, Ethiopia, Hungary Malaysia, United States, Japan and many other countries for 2015! As soon as I heard the news of this event, I thought immediately: why not celebrate it with a tribute to a room we all know and love on Club Penguin...

The Coffee Shop!

The Coffee Shop is one of Club Penguin's greatest and most heart-warming places. Located in the Town on the left, it is one of the first rooms to be created and a place where all penguins can go, whether they're feeling sad or happy, to pick up a coffee and have a chat with their friends! I used to love meeting my penguin pals back when I joined the game, and I'm sure you've all had some fond memories in there. Let's share some of the great designs and times that have been shared in the Coffee Shop.

The room originally opened on March 31, 2005 on Penguin Chat 3, but it's first official launch on Club Penguin was October 24, 2005, right after beta testing. Here's what it looked like, feel free to expand the image to view more, simply click on it.


The Coffee Shop remained this design for many many years, only changing for a few parties. Come August 30, 2012, the whole Coffee Shop design was revamped. The team hinted at it's redesign for many days before officially releasing it to the public. Keeping the original style and layout, the Coffee Shop was updated to suit the surge of new players that would join. The game Smoothie Smash was also added, being the second game introduced, after Bean Counters.


The Coffee Shop truly is a magical place. Never did I realise that from such a simple place to grab a drink would so many fun times and memories come. The original design brings a sense of nostalgia to me, as I remember way back in 2007 when I joined and saw it for the first time, I can still picture how modern and cool it looked. Now there are too many features I believe, that's the reason most penguins don't hang out there.

Nevertheless it is a lovely place, let's recall some times the shop had been designed for parties.

Here is the Coffee Shop during Club Penguin's 2007 St Patrick's Day party.


And here it is during the 2008 Water Party on Club Penguin. I LOVE the inflatable seats.


Thanks for so many awesome times, Coffee Shop! We'll never forget you.