Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Top 5 Club Penguin Parties! (2007–2011)

Written by: || Tags:

Hello everyone. Today is a very exciting day. April 12 is the birthday of Dino Boy7, and it is a very special birthday as my penguin is nine years old today. Typing that out is completely crazy to me. I cannot believe I have been playing Club Penguin for nine whole years. I’ve never had a commitment to a game that long! Not too long ago was my fifth year of blogging for Club Penguin too, time has flown by so fast. But I wouldn’t trade those nine years for the world.

For this special occasion, I was going to make a whole blog post just about me and what I’ve been doing on Club Penguin from 2007 to now, but that’s boring and no one would like that.

I thought instead I’d do something rather special. Since I’ve been on Club Penguin at least weekly for pretty much the whole nine years, my penguin Dino Boy7 has experienced all of the parties from 2007 to present. I knew it’d be too long if I did my favourite party every year over the past nine years, so I’ve cut it down to my top 5 favourite from 2007 to 2011. This allows me to pick out 1 party from each year.

I will be naming a party, introducing it and showing my favourite rooms, as well as listing the best parts of the party, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy!

I have pretty much grown up with this game, and it has created some of the fondest memories of my childhood. I spent a lot of time inside playing Club Penguin, and somehow I have not given up even to this day. It’s basically stuck with me the whole time.

Enough with the emotional stuff, let’s get into the post. I hope you enjoy My Top 5 Club Penguin Parties! (from 2007-2011)

#1 – Water Party 2007

The Water Party 2007 was one of my first Club Penguin parties – having joined in April that year. The Water Party took place from July 13–23 and I can honestly say it was a spectacular party. The idea was so original and creative that it had little ol’ me jumping for joy when I first logged on.

The basic premise of the party was that a crab had broken the glass on a window in the Underground Pool area, and flooded the entire underground! Miners had set to work fixing and repairing the damage, but decided that they could actually make something fun out of the dilemma.

They then set up hoses connected to the flooding around the Island to shoot water everywhere and turn it into what would be known as the first ever Water Party on Club Penguin. Honestly, it was a WHALE of a time, and such as success it was that they even brought it back next year for some more summer fun.

For this party, almost every main room was decorated in a different and interesting way, all using the theme of water to make it a hit. Here are some of my favourite snaps from the party.

Here's pictures from the Boiler Room and the Underground Pool. Notice the hoses linked up the stairs to the Dance Club, and the sacks used to prevent leaking. Ingenious!



This was the Dock, they used the water to make a fun wet play area with inflatable palm trees, can you see the huge spigot used to control the water?


Here's the Dojo, this was a great laugh. It was essentially a paddling pool at this point. A great use of a room that was there for not really any reason. Also LOOK AT THE GIANT ELEPHANT!


I liked the Night Club at this party too, or the "Dance and Splash" as it was called. Very good fun. I don’t actually know if the huge inflatable speakers actually produced sound. It would be amazing if they did, maybe Gary worked with setting up this party.


The Ski Hill had a big slide from the top all the way down to the bottom, which was in the Ski Village. And yes, you could slide down it.




#2 – 3rd Anniversary Party

Don’t hate me for this. Believe me, it was a very hard choice picking this party, especially with the first Music Jam being in 2008 and the oh-so-amazing Submarine Party. It really was difficult.

But there’s a reason I chose the 3rd Anniversary Party. That same year, Club Penguin had a real life event to celebrate their 3rd year of Club Penguin. They had a big meetup in Times Square, New York that they live streamed on the website too. Lane Merrifield, also known as Billybob on Club Penguin, was at the 3-hour celebration too.


For the online party, the Town was transformed into the Times Square, as good as it could be replicated on an Island full of snow.


This was the first anniversary to feature TWO free items instead of one, the 3rd Party Hat and the Ice-Cream Apron. Four rooms were decorated: the Town, Book Room, Coffee Shop and Night Club.

The Book Room and Coffee Shop looked awesome, decorated with yellow, orange and blue colours, which was the colour theme for the party.



Two mancala boards were removed to fit in all the luxury beanbags. Now that's priority!

Overall, a remarkable party and a great way to celebrate three years of the game.


#3 – Puffle Party 2009

This one was tough as well. The Winter Fiesta 2009 and the Penguin Play Awards were runners up for the top party of 2009 spot for me. But I had to settle on something, and that something was the 2009 Puffle Party.

This was Club Penguin’s first Puffle Party, and first ever party to include something other than penguins as the main focus.

Every room was dedicated to a different coloured puffle, and this party introduced the first sighting of the white puffle, every half an hour at the Dojo Courtyard and the Ski Hill for a few moments. Before the party started, Club Penguin made a short documentary on puffles, including the white puffle as a hidden Easter egg.

There was a fort for every puffle at the Snow Forts, and a huge puffle ball pit in the Forest, which was brought back in later Puffle Parties.



During this party, your penguin could be painted by the yellow puffle in the Lighthouse, or you could feed a puffle in the exclusive Puffle Feeding Area, just off the Snow Forts.



If you were feeling edgy, you could chill with the black puffles in the Underground Pool, which was transformed into a wicked skate park, or you could just sit and chill with the red puffles at the Cove.




#4 – April Fools’ Day Party 2010

Ah, the classic April Fools’ Day parties. They were the best. From the party that held my first pin (Cardboard Box, 2007) to the first appearance of Rookie on the Island (April Fools’ 2011), the April Fools’ Day parties have never ceased to both amaze and amuse me.

There were only 2 free items at this party: the Red Propeller Cap and the King Jester Hat.

But, this party did introduced the room simply known as A Silly Place, a members-only room that was made for penguins to be silly and tell jokes. The room reminds me of the scene from The Cat in the Hat film, where the children’s house turns into “the mother of all messes” because of the wacky platforms and vibrant colours. Uh, on a smaller scale, though.


This party brought back the infamous spinning arrow OF DEATH room. No, just kidding. It was called the spinning arrow room, but I added the death part because that’s what it made me want to commit. That sneaky hypnotising arrow. Here were my best rooms from the party.


The Boiler Room had a giant pan of boiling hot water, living up to its name I suppose.


The Forest was COMPLETELY upside down! The Town's Coffee Shop and Gift Shop exterior were almost completely invisible, and the Night Club had cardboard boxes for speakers!!




My gosh, imagine joining Club Penguin during this party, you’d be confused out of your mind I reckon!


#5 – Music Jam 2011

The Music Jam in 2011 was just a fun-filled party. There really wasn’t anything new to it compared to different years, but it really stuck in my mind as a great party.

Firstly, as I mentioned earlier, this time five years ago (March & April) I was building up my blog. As we approached summer in June time, I really started to focus on my blog and make it my main activity in my free time. Blogging, creating graphics, and building my friendships on Club Penguin is all I wanted to do.

Secondly, aside from all that I just loved playing Club Penguin. Something about the Music Jam kick-started my interest in the game once again, and I was engrossed completely, just like old days.

I loved how so many mascots came to visit the Island: DJ Cadence and all the band members from the Penguin Band! I loved meeting them backstage and asking questions. I’m not the only one that enjoyed this party though, it actually got extended by another week ‘cause so many penguins didn’t want it to end!

The Cove was transformed into a Hawaiian-style room, completely with a grass stage and bamboo fencing.


The Night Club Rooftop was open as well, and had a great DJ-ing deck for Cadence.


The Underground Pool had a working floor piano, and the Iceberg had the Penguin Band performing there! It was magical.


For a big music fan like me, the Music Jam parties were just my cup of tea.

There you go everyone, my top 5 favourite Club Penguin parties from 2007 to 2011.

Which was your favourite? If you could add to this list, what would you add? Leave your comments below or tweet me, @Dino_Boy7.

Thank you for reading everybody. Have a safe night and a great week.

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, DINO BOY7!!!